ERYN * CHYENNE

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Giving God Sole Control


"But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hand; rescue me from the hand of my enemies and from my persecutors!" Psalm 31:14-15 (ESV)

Did you know that "trust" can be a noun OR a verb? As a noun, 'Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.' As a verb, 'Believe in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of.' In this context I choose both, (I'm female, I can do that!). By saying "You are my God", you are putting words and an action to your trust in the Lord.

 But, there is more to trust than just saying you trust someone, you have to actually trust them! Hence verse 15, "My times are in your hand;". To trust God fully, we must place our lives into His hands. We must realize, acknowledge and live out this truth daily.

How hard this is! I struggle with it daily. I put in my two week notice at work. Then I go to the mailbox to find a very large medical bill that must be paid in full. I must give up stressing how these things will work out. I must TRUST God that HE will take care of them, and without my worrying about it along the way!

Lord, please help me to remember, for I do know mentally already, that you are here for me. That you have it all covered. That all I have to do is proclaim your word, and give you glory. I pray to you in Jesus' name, Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Can you close on your offer for the house? There has got to be something that allows you to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can get out of the deal still, but we aren't sure if we should since we don't know if he will get the job. And what if he gets the job when its too late to back out? And what if we back out now and he doesn't get the job? With so many unknowns, its so hard to Let it go and trust God.

    ReplyDelete